Friday, March 02, 2007

Some clarifications on New year resolutions

I don't believe in the adage, "New year resolutions are just that; they are meant to be broken." But I consider the resolutions as guidelines(!) into what one really wants to be and what the steps are. Taking my new year resolutions in the same vein, here is a progress report on what I've been up to in the past couple of months.


1. Wake up before 7.30 am everyday, including weekends. I get a quota of 10 days in the entire year, when I can get up later than half-past-seven.
I don't know why I had this as a resolution. The main aim of this resolution was to wake up just in time so I can catch the office shuttle. I've been getting up at around 8 am so I catch the office shuttle at 9.15am. So, I think this resolution is pointless.

3. Give my bike for servicing.
Yes, I did it!

6. Work only 40 hrs/week. No more, no less. This includes time spent on meetings and conferences.
One can do only one thing at a time. It's not possible to grow in the team and simultaneously be adamant that I'll work only for 40 hours.

10. Move to a new house that has a kitchen and then cook at least 1 meal a day.
Yes, this is happening! Moved to a new expensive house and cook atleast 1 meal on most of the days (>85%). To start with, I think this is good.


So, if you have any new year resolutions don't follow it as if it were a bible. Just strive to follow it! J

I

No comments: